Skip to main content

Rhetoric action project


Rhetoric action project
In this project we explore rhetoric and how politicians can appeal to certain people. I was assigned Amy Klobuchar. She is a moderate democrat and we don't have all the same political views. I had to explore what she stood for and what question would be difficult for her to answer. I got to think about how politicians carefully pick their words to stand out to a chosen audience. IT was super interesting getting to try and change a message and a goal with what I wrote.
_______________________________
Reporter:
Hi Amy Klobuchar. As many have noticed, you represent a similar group as Joe Biden. If you were president
how would you set yourself apart from him. Why should people vote for you instead of him?
Amy Klobuchar:
We may have some things in common but we both come from very different backgrounds.I am a woman in
politics and I can bring in a different perspective than the past presidents who were all male. I understand the
struggles women face in the workforce, the home, and even the hospital. I know because I experienced first
hand how hospitals can disrespect women. I was kicked out of the hospital at just 24 hours while my daughter
had a potentially life threatening condition. I worked my butt of so women could stay 48 hours in the hospital
without the pain I went through.
 I also worked as a corporate lawyer and Joe Biden got a start as a clerk before going into politics. I understand
how the laws work. I know what corporations want and I know how to negotiate. 
In this day and age we as a nation put so much emphasis on party lines but that isn't how we can get anything
done. Negotiation is a key part of a successful government. 58% of Minnesotans approved of me. That isn’t just
one party. That's not how democracy works. Democracy works with negotiation and we can not pretend that as a
nation we can strive without respect.
In 2012 I won the senate seat with 65.2% of the vote in Minnesota. I know how to make sure everyone is listened to.
I want to find a middle ground because with this pointless bickering we will get nowhere in this current system.
I'm realistic. I know we can’t all agree on everything at all and that's what Joe wants. He wants an ideal world and I
know that isn’t possible. I want a functional system that is realistic. We forget how this world works. We can’t all get
exactly what we want. Free tuition for all college sounds amazing but its unrealistic. Honestly that is the dream but
we can not afford it. We can’t afford a lot and when it comes to those things we have to be realistic and trim it down
and have a reasonable goal.
___________________________
Citations 
On hospital stay
DePaulo, Lisa. “The Audacity of Minnesota: Meet Senator Amy Klobuchar.” ELLE, 1 Oct. 2018,
www.elle.com/culture/career-politics/a11015/the-audacity-of-minnesota-senator-amy-klobuchar-439048/
Approval rating
“ Results of SurveyUSA News Poll #15748.” SurveyUSA News Poll #15748,
KAAL-TV Rochester-Mason City-Austin KSTP-TV Minneapolis WDIO-TV Duluth,
www.surveyusa.com/client/PollReport.aspx?g=e6a365a1-f86e-489d-804d-0828ab4d4eb3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digging our self a better shovel

Digging our way into a better shovel Action project on tools In this Unit we learned about tools and empathy. We redesigned the shovel to make it easier to use for those who have a hard time with balance. We designed the tool for those with balance and joint issues. The elderly often have that problem. Empathy is about thinking of others' situations and trying to relate. This project really focused on those who may not have as good balance as I do. I got lucky with that and not everyone else has. It's important not to assume everyone can do what you can. This tool is a wedge and a lever. You use your hand as a fulcrum and your legs as the weight to wedge the blade into the soil.  As a class we tried planting flowers with and without tools in the garden. This allowed us to see how tools work and what they do. We interviewed a gardener so we could gather more information about tools. We went to Home Depot to look a their tools and try some out. It was very eyeopening

Sleep Away Camp

In the summer of 2019 I spent three weeks volunteering at a sleep away camp. I taught archery with a long bow and took care of 7-15 year old during the hours I wasn't teaching. I learned so much from this experience. I took responsibility and created fun activities for the kids to keep them entertained. I really grew up during my time there. Having to take care of so many kids and help them process their emotions was eye opening. The sunset there was beautiful and I made so many wonderful memories. The sunset one night before a storm. The archery range I worked at. A target I made for the kids that I named the Quacken.

Chatting with a bot

Chatting with a bot This was the last action project for my coding class. For this action project we made a chat bot. We had to have 5 questions to ask you. I wanted to be a bit funny with my questions. I learned a lot making the bot. I learned to think differently about how to ask questions and how to write in a way that a computer and a person could understand. I really liked the creativity I was able to express in this project.  I struggled with my spelling in this project. When something is written in code there isn't spell check. That made things a lot more complicated. I wasn't quite sure how to organize some of the questions and how to create sub questions. I enjoyed making the bot and being able to add some humor to the project. Often coding seems very sterile and boring but being able to make my own questions made it a lot more interesting.