This AP is for journalism. In this first term we learned about written reporting. We dissected what it means to be new literate and how we can discern what is real and what is fake. We talked with a journalist from the Chicago Tribune and learned a lot about responsible reporting. I enjoyed being able to think critically about what language is used and the meaning behind words. I found this term very interesting and I feel it has taught me how to be a better informed citizen. ------- Does Riot Fest belong in Douglass Park? Riot fest took place from September 16th to 19th at North Lawndale's Douglass park. This was four days for music and festivities. Bands such as Morrissey, The Smashing Pumpkins, Slipknot, Rancid, And Machine Gun Kelly were playing. Surrounding Douglass Park are residential blocks. While Riot Fest is being set up the park is closed to residents. Residents are not able to walk their dogs in the park or play sports. Riot fest secti...
Comments
Post a Comment