Skip to main content

crossy road

CROSSY ROAD
This unit we redesigned something. There were many things we could do but I chose an intersection. We had several field experiences. One of which was with a tour guide who gave us a tour of the Chicago's world fair. 

SDG 11
My ap connected to several of the targets from sdg 11 but I will list two.
image.png
This one connects to the accessibility and improved safety of my design. People with disabilities will have an easier time crossing the road.
image.png
This really opens up access to the park and it would make it easier for everyone to access.

personally I had a lot of trouble with the 3d design. I knew I could make it but I didn't have everything I needed. I downloaded some custom content and it became a lot easier. I am very proud of the work I did. I think I showed my design in the way I wanted to and got it across.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sexism in the gaming community

sexism in the gaming community In this unit we looked a lot at history text books and what history means. We studied what does it mean to be a marginalized voice and what are the stories marginalized people have to share. We had many class discussions and read a case for reparation's. I learned about different ways people have privilege and different ways people may be marginalized. I never thought about class, ability, race and gender in such an open and honest manner before. I realized that things that seem like common knowledge to me aren't for everyone else and others do not know what I do and I don't know what others know.

Does Riot Fest belong in Douglass Park?

     This AP is for journalism. In this first term we learned about written reporting. We dissected what it means to be new literate and how we can discern what is real and what is fake. We talked with a journalist from the Chicago Tribune and learned a lot about responsible reporting. I enjoyed being able to think critically about what language is used and the meaning behind words. I found this term very interesting and I feel it has taught me how to be a better informed citizen. ------- Does Riot Fest belong in Douglass Park?      Riot fest took place from September 16th to 19th at North Lawndale's Douglass park. This was four days for music and festivities. Bands such as Morrissey, The Smashing Pumpkins, Slipknot, Rancid, And Machine Gun Kelly were playing. Surrounding Douglass Park are residential blocks. While Riot Fest is being set up the park is closed to residents. Residents are not able to walk their dogs in the park or play sports. Riot fest secti...

Making a Space

Making a Space For this AP we focused on making our space usable for school and a place we would want to learn in. We discussed what defines a classroom. We took a field experience to Millenium Park to investigate what defines a classroom. As a school, we asked what it means to be a successful student and teacher at GCE. We discussed what we expect from ourselves and our teachers. The student body brainstormed the traits of a successful student and came up with a social contract for both the students and the teachers.   Social contract for students: We will work in a timely fashion. We will be curious. We will pay attention to the work, fellow students, and teachers. We will be encouraging. We will participate. We won't distract.   Social contract for teachers: We will accept feedback. We will be accommodating and flexible. We will be patient. We will have one on one time. We will be excited to teach! We will be understanding.   Both the student body and the teachers agre...